General Legal Terms and Conditions
The following conditions apply to anyone accessing and using the Insight Financial Management Website, or any part of it. We may modify these conditions from time to time and accordingly you are advised to keep up to date with the changes by regularly reviewing the conditions. By using the Website you agree to be bound by these conditions.
- The content available on the Website is for general entertainment and interest only and Insight Financial Management Ltd does not warrant or guarantee its accuracy or completeness. It is your responsibility to judge the accuracy or completeness of the content before relying on it in any way. Your use of the content (for whatever purpose) is at your sole risk. If you have any comments or complaints about the Website, please get in touch with the editorial team whose details are on the Contact Form page.
- The content is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights, as applicable and is provided solely for your own use. Republication or redistribution of any of the content available on the Website including by framing or similar means is prohibited.
- Insight group excludes all liability of any kind (including negligence) in respect of any third party information or other material made available on, or which can be accessed using, the Website.
- These conditions are governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with English Law and any disputes relating to these conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We, the subscribers to this Code, promise that we will:
- Act fairly and reasonably in all our dealings with you.
- Ensure that all services and products comply with this Code, even if they have their own terms and conditions.
- Give you information on our services and products in plain language, and offer help if there is any aspect which you do not understand.
- Unless you have already decided on your mortgage, help you to choose a mortgage to fit your needs.
- Help you to understand the financial implications of a mortgage.
- Help you to understand how your mortgage account works.
- Ensure that the procedures our staff follow reflect the commitments set out in this Code.
- Correct errors and handle complaints speedily.
- Consider cases of financial difficulty and mortgage arrears sympathetically and positively.
- Ensure that all services and products comply with relevant laws and regulations.
Levels of Service
Choosing a mortgage may be your most important financial commitment. At the earliest contact which we have with you, we will provide you with a copy of a leaflet entitled You and Your Mortgage, which summarises the Code’s key commitments and explains that there are three levels of service which may be provided under the Code. We will tell you which of these levels of service we offer. These are:
- advice and recommendation as to which mortgage is most suitable for you. When giving advice, we will take care to help you to select a mortgage to fit your needs by asking for relevant information about your circumstances and objectives. Our advice will also depend on your particular requirements and on the market conditions at the time. The reasons for the recommendation will be given to you in writing before you complete your mortgage.
- Information on the different types of mortgage product we offer so that you can make an informed choice to which to take.
- Information on a single mortgage product only, if we only offer one mortgage product or if you have already made up your mind.
Before you take out your mortgage, we will confirm, in writing, the level of service given.
registered office address
33 george street
wakefield wf1 1lx
companies house registration no: 4929748